Politica de confidentialitate (RO)
The information below is intended to inform the user about the placement, use and administration of cookies and user data used by www.pricemon.com.
Please read carefully the following information:
•This website uses both own and third party cookies to provide visitors with a much better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of everyone.
• Cookies play an important role in facilitating the access and delivery of multiple services the user enjoys on the Internet, such as:
• We are setting up cookies to analyze traffic for a statistical purpose without the ability to directly identify a particular user to give you a personalized experience.
• In case of anonymous navigation, we can place cookies for advertising in the context of some promotional campaigns.
What we do with the collected data:
We process them for statistical purposes without the ability to identify the activity of an individual user. For exemple: "most watched stores", "most popular products".
We send personalized email notifications related to the evolution of the monitored product prices from the custom list. These notifications are automatically sent without the intervention of a human operator.
The user has the ability to stop these notifications.
What we do not do with collected data:
We do not send commercial emails recommending the purchase of a product or promoting particular stores and, in particular, not sending unsolicited emails.
We can disclose the information collected in case of a request from a state authority, in compliance with the Romanian legislation in force.
Information Collected and Stored by pricemon browser extensions
Our extensions for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browser:
• Does not parse, read or process personal identifiable data about user that are present on the page
• Read only cookies placed on www.pricemon.com regarding authentication or registration status
• Collects login information provided by the user in a dedicated authentication form
• Uses a SSL encrypted connection when sending user provided data to our servers
• Does not store user browsing activity data
• Check only the pages of the stores we monitor and only collect data about the products they sell.
What is a cookie?
An "Internet Cookie" is a small file of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user on which the Internet is accessed.
The cookie is installed through a web browser's (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome) and is completely "passive" (it does not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the user's hard drive).
A cookie consists of two elements: the name and the content or the value of the cookie. Furthermore, the duration of a cookie is determined; technically, only the webserver that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that webserver.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify Internet users.
There are two large categories of cookies:
• Session cookies
– they are temporarily stored in the web browser's cookie folder to save them until the user exits the site or closes the browser window (for example, when logging in / logging on to an account webmail or social networking).
• Persistent cookies
– These are stored on the hard drive of a computer or device (and generally depends on the default cookie lifetime). Persistent cookies include those placed on a website other than the one the user is currently visiting - known as 'third party cookies' - which can be used anonymously to store a user's interests so as to deliver advertising as relevant to users.
What are the benefits of cookies?
Cookies provide users with a pleasant browsing experience and support the efforts of many websites to provide user-friendly services.
What is the lifetime of a cookie?
Some cookies are used exclusively for one session and are not retained once the user has left the website and some cookies are retained and reused whenever the user returns to that site. However, cookies can be deleted by a user at any time through browser settings.
What are cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of content on some sites may be provided through third parties (e.g., an ad). These third parties may also place cookies through the site and they are called "third party cookies" because they are not placed by the owner of that website
How cookies are used by this site?
How cookies are used by this site?
• Site performance, visitor analysis, geo-targeting, sign-up, advertising cookies
This type of cookie retains the user's preferences on this site, so they no longer need to be set every time you visit the site.
Cookies for Visitor Analysis
Whenever a user visits this site, third-party analytics software generates a user's analysis cookie. This cookie tells us if you have visited this site so far. The browser will tell us if you have this cookie, and if not, we will generate one. It allows the monitoring of unique users who visit us and how often they do it.
Cookies for geographic targeting
These cookies are used by software that determines where you come from. It is completely anonymous and is only used to target the content - even when you are on our page in Romanian or in another language you receive the same advertisement.
Cookies for registration
When you sign up for this site, we generate a cookie that tells us if you are registered or not. Our servers use these cookies to show us your account and if you have permission for a particular service. It also allows us to associate any comments you post on our site with your username. If you did not select "keep me registered," this cookie will automatically delete when you close your browser or computer.
Cookies for advertising
These cookies let us know whether or not you've seen an online ad, what type it was and how long it has been since you saw the ad message.
These cookies are also used to target online advertising. We may also use third-party cookies for better advertising targeting. These cookies are anonymous, they store information about the viewed content, not the users.
Other cookies of third parties
On some pages, third parties can set their own anonymous cookies in order to track the success of an application or to customize an application.
For example, when you share an article using the social network button on this site, that social network will record your activity.
What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies keep information in a small text file that allows a website to recognize a browser. The web server will recognize the browser until the cookie expires or is deleted. The cookie stores important information that enhances Internet browsing experience.
Why are Internet Cookies Important?
Denying or disabling cookies can make some sites unusable. Denying or disabling cookies does not mean you will not receive online advertising anymore - but that it will no longer be able to keep track of your preferences and interests highlighted by your browsing behavior
Refuzarea sau dezactivarea cookie-urilor nu inseamna ca nu veti mai primi publicitate online – ci doar ca aceasta nu va mai putea tine cont de preferintele si interesele dvs, evidentiate prin comportamentul de navigare.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require authentication of a user through an account):
Content and services tailored to user preferences - news, weather, sports, maps, public and governmental services, entertainment sites and travel services.
Offers tailored to users' interests - remembering passwords, language preferences (Ex: displaying search results in English).
Retrieve Child Protection Filters for Content on the Internet (family mode options, safe navigation features).
Limit ad serving frequency - limit the number of impressions of an ad for a particular user on a site.
Provide more relevant advertising for the user.
Measurement, optimization and Analytics features - such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed, and how a user reaches a website (eg through search engines, directly from other websites etc.). Websites run these analyzes of their use to improve sites for the benefit of users.
Security and privacy issues
Cookies are NOT Viruses! They use plain text formats. They are not made up of pieces of code so they cannot be executed or can auto-run. Consequently, they cannot duplicate or replicate on other networks to run or replicate again. Because they cannot perform these functions, they cannot be considered viruses. Cookies can still be used for negative purposes. Because it stores information about user preferences and browsing history, both on a particular site and on several other sites, cookies can be used as a form of Spyware.
Other security issues related to cookies
Rarely, the information contained in the cookie can be intercepted. This can happen if the browser connects to the server using an unencrypted network (eg an unsecured WiFi network).
Tips for safe and responsible cookie-based navigation.
Here are a few tips that can help ensure that you do not worry about cookies:
• Customize your browser settings for cookies to reflect a comfortable level for you on cookie security.
• If you do not mind cookies and you are the only person using your computer, you can set expiration dates to store your browsing history and personal access data.
• If you share access to your computer, you can consider the browser setting to delete individual browsing data each time you close your browser. This is a way to access sites that place cookies and delete any business information when you close the browsing session.
• Install and constantly update your antispyware applications.
How do I stop cookies?
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make some sites unfeasible or difficult to visit and use. Also, refusing to accept cookies does not mean you will not get / see online advertising anymore.